Orlando Divorce Lawyer

Bauer Family Law - Enforcement
Orlando Family Law Attorney
Family Law Services
Family Law Background
Family Law Resources
Family Law Blog
Family Law Contact
Family Law Directions
By Christine G. Bauer

Whenever one party to a support order is not in compliance, the other party may file a Complaint for
Contempt in the same court that issued the support order. The party not in compliance with the court
order must come back to that court to defend the action, even if they have moved away. The court has
continuing jurisdiction to enforce its own order.  If the party who is supposed to be providing the support
comes to Court and does not show that he/she had an inability to pay their support, they can be placed
in jail until they bring their arrears current, or could face fines and other related charges including having
to pay your attorneys’ fees and costs for having to bring such a motion.

Income Deduction Order
Under many circumstances, a Judge may enter an Income Deduction Order against the party who is to
provide support.   This Income Deduction Order is forwarded to the obligor’s employee and his/her court
ordered support will be removed directly from his/her paycheck.   Such income interception can be used
to seize Internal Revenue Service refund checks, unemployment benefits, insurance settlements, lottery
winnings and workers’ compensation benefits.

Suspension of Licenses
One of the most effective tools in enforcing a support order is obtaining a Court Order suspending driver’
s license, occupational licenses, passports, or other recreational licenses.  Typically, a suspension will
not be lifted until all arrears are brought current.   Generally speaking, if there is an inconvenience
brought upon the person who is not in compliance with a Court Order, they will cure the defective in
order to lift that inconvenience.  
For more information on how to enforce your child support order, visit
Orlando Divorce Attorneys
Bauer Family Law
5401 South Kirkman Road
Suite 310
Orlando, FL 32819

Phone: (407) 926-0255
Facsimile: (407) 926-0254
Orlando Divorce Lawyers